Superior Challenge officials have just announced that Swedish heavyweight prospect Yosef Ali Mohammad’s will now face Portugal’s Duarte Fonseca. Fonseca is reported to be a ‘former Division 1 Rugby player’ and comes into the fight with 1 win and 0 losses. Superior Challenge 9 goes down in Gothenburg, on November 23rd at the Scandinavium.
Mohammad was set for a classic Swede versus Finn showdown at the event, but Marko Patteri was cut in his last bout and will be unable to participate on the card.
Updated Fight Card
• Sami Aziz (Sweden) vs. Jens Pulver (USA)
• David Bielkheden (Sweden) vs. Besam Yousef (Sweden)
• Diego Gonzalez (Sweden) vs. Anton Kuivanen (Finland)
• Domingos Mestre (Sweden/Portugal) vs. Simeon Thoresen (Norway)
• Yosef Ali Mohammad (Sweden) vs. Duarte Fonseca (Portugal)
• David Glasnovic (Sweden) vs. Magnus Strandner (Sweden)
• Emil Weber Meek (Norway) vs. Per Franklin (Sweden)
• Simon Sköld (Sweden) vs. Guilherme Shigemoto (Japan)
• Michel Ersoy (Sweden) vs. Robin Gidlöv (Sweden)
• Martin Akhtar (Sweden) vs. Damien Pighiera (France)